This Privacy Collection Statement applies for RbttConnect. This statement outlines how RbttConnect collects, discloses, uses, stores and/or otherwise handles your personal information.
1. Protecting Your Privacy
At RbttConnect, your privacy is important to us. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. RbttConnect complies with all applicable privacy laws, including the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APP) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) as well as our existing obligations of confidentiality.
The Privacy Collection Statement explains how we collect information, including personal information, and how we maintain, use and disclose that information. It also provides some details about your privacy rights along with our general rights and obligations in relation to the information we keep on record.
2. Types of Information We Collect and Hold
The type of information that we typically collect, and hold will vary depending on our relationship with you. These relationships are generally categorized as:
- Candidates: include all individuals who approach us, or who are engaged by us in the process of seeking or performing work with us or our clients;
- Clients: include all individuals / companies who we deal with for the purpose of providing recruitment solutions and services for their business; and
- Referees: include all individuals who we contact / or contact us in evaluating our candidates’
capabilities and suitability for employment.
We may also collect personal information from you if you contact us, for example by phone or email, and do not fall into the above categories.
If you are a candidate, we collect your personal information as reasonably necessary for us to determine your suitability for work with us or through us. The main types of personal information we collect about you as a candidate are:
- Your name and contact details, including your address, email address and phone numbers;
- Your date of birth;
- Your gender;
- Information in your cover letter, resume and application forms including your skills, qualifications, work history, references, goals and interests;
- Details of your work rights in Australia and other countries which can include identification;
- Your tax file number and superannuation details;
- Information documenting your work history with or through us (including bank account details, salary, work performance information and salary sacrifice documents);
- Aptitude and psychological assessment results;
- The results of police checks, working with children checks or other background checks;
- Medical reviews or assessments of you; and
- Other information that you, your referees or our clients provide to us, including personal feedback and notes of our interactions with you and/or others in relation to your suitability for work with us or through
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It includes information or an opinion about your:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinion;
- Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- Sexual preferences or practices;
- Criminal record;
- Health or disability (at any time); and
- Expressed wishes about the future provision of health
We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information unless it is necessary for our business purposes. If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the APPs. Sensitive information will, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
If you are our client, we collect information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide the best recruitment solutions for you and your business needs. The main types of information we collect about you as our client are:
- Your contact details including your address and telephone numbers;
- Details of your job title/description and organizational needs; and
- Records of our interaction with you and confidential feedback you may give us regarding our candidates.
If you are a referee, we collect information that is reasonably necessary for us to determine a candidate’s suitability for work with us or through us. The main types of information we collect about referees are:
- Your contact details including your address and telephone numbers;
- Details of your job title/description; and
- Your confidential opinions about a candidate and their suitability for work with or through
3. Who Collects Your Personal Information?
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by RbttConnect for its own use.
4. How Will Your Information be Collected?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you attend an interview with one of our staff members. At this time, you will complete our registration paperwork and any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
- We may collect personal or sensitive information about you when:
- We receive any reference about you;
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or background checks including credit and criminal record checks;
- We receive the results of your work rights status;
- We receive any feedback or other information from or about you in the workplace (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- We collect information about you from public domain sources; and
- You provide us with any additional information about
If you are a client, the ways in which we collect information about you are when:
- We meet you to communication with you in any way; and
- When you provide your opinion or feedback regarding one of our
If you are a referee the ways in which we collect personal information about you are when:
- A candidate provides us with your contact details and informs us that you have consented to such collection; and
- When we take notes of our dealings with you including your opinions of the suitability of a candidate for work with or through
4.4 General – Online Registration & Timesheet
If you visit the Candidate Registration website and register online for employment opportunities or visit the employers contact us or news & insights, we do collect some personal information about you which you volunteer by filling in your details. The information required may include providing basic personal details such as your name, address, phone number and email address etc. The information gathered at this point is stored in our database for retrieval and use by RbttConnect staff only for the purposes for which it was intended. By submitting your personal information in this way, you acknowledge and accept our Privacy Collection Statement.
When submitting a time sheet via our website, the information is transmitted directly to our Client for approval purposes, and only your name is visible. Once approved, it is transmitted directly to our payroll team where it is only used for the intended purpose. There is no collection of personal information until you have completed the time sheet and submitted to RbttConnect for processing.
We do not disclose any information gathered about you, or personal information that you provide through the Candidate Registration process, such as your name, address etc. to any other organization outside RbttConnect unless you give your express consent, or if we are required to do so by law.
At times you may forward an email to us via the email link in our website. The information collected through this email will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. Your details will not be added to our database, unless specified by you, nor will we disclose or use your information for any other purpose, than the intended purpose.
5. Use of Your Personal Information
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement;
- Checking your work rights status with any government department or body (or their agents);
- To undertake directly or through agent criminal reference checking with relevant government agencies;
- Payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment;
- Follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work;
- Your performance appraisals;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- Our identification of your training needs;
- Any workplace rehabilitation;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- To tell you about the other services that we may provide;
- Ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality assurance audits, quality and services evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing;
- Our direct marketing to you;
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you; and
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose about clients is typically used for:
- Client and business relationship management;
- Recruitment functions;
- Marketing services to you;
- Statistical purposes and statutory compliance requirements; and
Personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose about referees is typically used for:
- To confirm identity and authority to provide references;
- Candidate suitability assessment; and
6. Our Policy on Direct Marketing
We may sometimes use personal information for marketing purposes, but only in the following ways:
- We will contact candidates and participants (where relevant) while they are registered with us, with updates in relation to employment opportunities, market information and promotions from time to time;
- We will send subscribers to our website news and job alerts to which they have subscribed; and
- We will contact clients, with whom we have a relationship, with market information and promotions from time to
When sending direct marketing material, we will give you the option as to whether or not you wish to receive further marketing communications and we will remain compliant with anti-spam legislation. Personal information is not used by or disclosed to any third party for marketing purposes.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of RbttConnect;
- Other members of RbttConnect, clients and third-party service providers and suppliers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- Our insurers;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Any government department or body (or their agents) to verify your work rights status;
- A designated, registered training provider in relation to training and personal development opportunities; and
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the
We will advise you of our intentions and gain consent before we refer your personal information to our clients for possible work opportunities.
7.2 Related purpose disclosures (relevant for candidates, clients, referee and participants)
We outsource a number of services to contracted service suppliers (CSPs) from time to time. Such CSPs are within Australia or may be located overseas. As part of the outsourcing arrangement with a CSP, they may need access to some of your personal information. The personal information provided is limited to your name and email address. Any other personal or sensitive information will be provided based on consultation with the individual.
Typically, our CSPs would include:
- Skills assessment;
- Internet service suppliers;
- Legal and other professional advisors;
- Insurance brokers, loss assessors and underwriters;
- Probity checks; and
- Talent marketplace
We take reasonable steps to ensure that terms of service with our CSPs recognize that we are bound by obligations under the Privacy Act to protect the privacy of your personal information and that they will not do anything that would cause us to breach those obligations. RbttConnect continue to own the data and all CSP’s have segmented data policies to ensure the data is secured and encrypted where applicable.
Once we establish and maintain an employment, staffing or placement relationship with you, we use the data you provided to us, to comply with laws and regulations, including but not limited to employment law, tax and social security and national and international sanctions regulation compliance. For the purposes mentioned above RbttConnect may transfer your personal data to other approved CSP entities that provide services on behalf of RbttConnect. Personal data
is information which can be used to identify you such as name, date of birth, identification number or other factors specific to your identity.
8. If You Do Not Give Us The Information We Seek
You can refuse to provide us with your personal (including sensitive information). However, if you do not give us this information, we may not be able to provide our services to you. For example, if you are a candidate, we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you.
9. How Does RbttConnect Protect the Security of Your Information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
We have a number of safety measures in place to protect your information. For example, your personal information is stored in secured offices and in computerized databases which require a log in and password to gain access. Access to the database is only available to those who require such access. Where applicable, 2-factor authentication has been implemented to provide a further layer of security. All staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement regarding company and customer information.
Visitors to our premises are always accompanied by a member of staff for the duration of the visit.
We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify personal information as soon as the law permits and provided that the information is no longer needed by us. When you advise us that you are no longer looking for work opportunities and therefore do not wish to be registered with us, we will de-identify your data base record and destroy your personal information, unless you advise us otherwise or unless it is a requirement by law such as retained tax/wages information.
10.You Can Gain Access to Your Information to Correct It If It Is Wrong
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the APPs (APP 12 – Access and APP 13 – Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to- date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up to date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Officer, whose details are listed at the end of this document.
In some cases, we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
If you are a candidate, information provided by referees or from clients about you is often given on a confidential basis. Accordingly, disclosing the opinions given by a referee or client may have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of those individuals. If referees or clients provide information about you on a confidential basis, you may not access this information, and we will not be able to share it with you without the consent of the referee or client (as applicable).
10.3 External Sites
External sites that are linked to or from the RbttConnect website are not under our control and you are advised to review their Privacy Statement. Users should note there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the internet and you should therefore make your own assessment of the potential risk to the security of your information.
12.Information Statement: your rights as a candidate in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland
- We will not charge you a fee for the purpose of finding employment, including in contravention of section 408D of the Industrial Relations Act 1999 (QLD);
- We will not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as advertising a position as being available when we know no such position exists or knowingly giving misleading information to you about the nature of a position) and we will ensure that all placements are made in accordance with any legislative requirements;
- We and our employees having a working knowledge of State and Commonwealth legislation affecting the placement and employment of persons seeking work; and
- If you believe that we have acted inappropriately, illegally, or in a false and misleading way you may contact the relevant department (e.g. Office of Fair Trading in New South Wales or the Department of Justice and Attorney-General in Queensland) for information on possible action that may be
13.How to Contact Us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy or wish to make an access request or a privacy complaint, please contact the Privacy Officer on the details below during normal office hours 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Our Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time (not exceeding 30 days) after receipt of your request or complaint to discuss your concerns and to outline options regarding how they may be resolved.
RbttConnect Privacy Officers Phone: +61 2 9056 5166